Associate Professor Austin Buchanan blogs about his research on solving combinatorial optimization problems in networks. In particular, his research focusses on networks having connectivity or distance constraints, with applications in political redistricting.
- A brief tutorial on Benders decomposition.
- Can my state redistrict at the county level?
- Why is maximum clique often easy in practice?
- A brief tutorial on Lagrangian techniques for k-median.
- A brief tutorial on fixed-parameter tractability.
Blog: Farkas' dilemma.