Optimization modelling in Excel:
- Solver. Frontline Systems provide additional information about the Solver add-in that is bundled with Excel, including more than 100 example models.
- OpenSolver. Documentation and other useful information relating to the OpenSolver add-in, which is available to download for free.
- Microsoft. Microsoft provide an overview of defining and solving an optimization problem using the Solver add-in.
Blogs about optimization:
- Yet Another Math Programming Consultant. Erwin Kalvelagen's technical notes and optimization examples.
- O.R. by the Beach. Blog by Associate Professor Tallys Yunes about complex decision problems that arise from a variety of practical applications.
- The Analytics Guy. YouTube videos related to optimization, data analytics, and mathematical literacy by Tallys Yunes.
- OR in an OB World. Operations research items and software tricks by Professor Emeritus Paul A. Rubin.
- Punk Rock Operations Research. Blog by Professor Laura Albert about operations research modelling.
- Optimization 101. A gentle introduction to the major topics in optimization.
- RENeW. Dr. Anna Nagurney writing about research, networks, and the world.
- The Quest for Optimality. Blog by Marc-Andre Carle, Professor at Téluq Quebec.
- The Operations Room. A forum for discussing current topics in operations management (OM).
- Kevin Gue. Focused on problems in warehousing and distribution.
- Jay, Barry & Chuck's OM blog. A blog for Operations Management educators.
- BCG Gamma. Global entity dedicated to analytics, data science and artificial intelligence.
- Sysid. Blog about optimization, math, software development, and machine learning.
- Optimisation in the real world. Initiative to raise awareness of how optimisation regularly influences our lives.
- Farkas' Dilemma. Combinatorial optimization and integer programming blog by Austin Buchanan.
- Nathan Brixius. Data science, optimization, analytics, and sports blog by Nathan Brixius.
- OR in Devon. Thoughts and observations about Operational Research by David Smith.
- Analytics. Latest advances in Operations Research and the Management Sciences from INFORMS.
- Quanta. Focus on developments in mathematics, theoretical physics, theoretical computer science and the basic life sciences.
- Towards Data Science. A Medium publication sharing concepts, ideas and codes.
- Open Journal of Mathematical Optimization. Original and high-quality articles dealing with every aspect of mathematical optimization.
- Optimization Online Digest Archive. Monthly digest of mathematical optimization papers.
Spreadsheet good practice:
- iⁿ spreadsheet best practice. iⁿ, a sister company of Solver Max, is a hub for information about building good spreadsheets.
- Solver Max on Twitter. Updates from Solver Max and retweets of interesting posts by others interested in optimization.
- StackExchange Operations Research. StackExchange forum for OR professionals, educators, practitioners, and students.
- Discord Operations Research. Discord channel for discussing Operations Research.
If you want help with your own models, or if you would like to know more about how to adapt any of the models on this website to your needs, then please contact us.