GEKKO is an object-oriented Python library that facilitates model construction, analysis tools, and visualization of simulation and optimization in a single package.
As a differential and algebraic modeling language, it facilitates the use of advanced modeling and solvers. Gekko simplifies the process by allowing the model to be written in a simple, intuitive format. It accepts a model consisting of constraints and an objective to optimize.
Gekko provides versatility with objects designed to model, estimate, optimize and control in an easily readable Python environment:
- Free for academic and commercial use (MIT License).
- Hundreds of industrial applications.
- Compiled bytecode backend for efficient solutions.
- Automatic differentiation for exact first and second derivatives.
- Interior point (IPOPT, BPOPT) and active set SQP (APOPT) solvers.
For more information: Gekko